At Amazon Games Studios we believe the evolution that began with arcade communities, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate, and connect with others at massive scales.
You’ll have the power of Twitch and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
Amazon Games Studios is seeking an experienced Head of Community for New World, a game in development at Amazon Game Studio OC in Irvine, CA.
New World is a massively multiplayer, open-ended sandbox game that allows you to carve your own destiny with other players in a living, hostile, cursed, land. How you play, what you do, and whom you work with, or against is up to you. Live on your own amidst the supernatural terrors or join with others to build thriving civilizations. In this evolving world the only limit is your own ambition.
Reporting to the Head of MERC, SocCal, the Head of Community-New World will establish the vision for all community programs for the game. Working side by side with the game design team, you will help define the full community experience for our upcoming titles, integrating deeply with Twitch, a community of the most engaged and passionate gamers in the world.
As the Head of Community, New World you are versed in every aspect of community management. You are passionate about building the relationship between people who play games and people who make them, and you take responsibility over the quantity and quality of the connections between players. You are experienced in the design and management of large scale community programs, and think key roles in the community expand the player experience for everyone. You know how to manage a pipeline of content for the game’s news stream and social media channels, and are comfortable acting as editor in chief for New World. Your ability to do it yourself makes you an effective coach for the team you’ll be building. You lead by example, and make everyone around you better.
Expectations of the role:
- Develop a deep understanding of our players and our games
- Build and execute an ambitious community strategy for New World
- Work with development and launch teams to contribute to the design of the social framework and features for the game
- Build and manage the community team
- Coordinate with the central community, marketing, and development teams, as well as Twitch, finance, and legal
- Manage relationships with top community content creators, cosplayers, evangelist, and contributors
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
- Lead the creation of New World’s content calendar and project manage the delivery for the news stream and the social media channels for the game
- Once at scale, lead the team responsible of player relations, community programs, dev relations, social media, and community content for New World
- Be ultimately responsible for the size and strength of the New World game community