Audible (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon) is seeking a Vice President of Global Corporate Communications, a leadership role reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Public Affairs within the office of the CEO.
The Vice President, Consumer Communications is responsible for leading the consumer PR practice, driving the team’s execution of content PR plans and campaigns along with customer- facing initiatives for Audible.com The ideal candidate will be a seasoned communications leader, familiar with operating in a competitive external media environment and she/he will know how lead a strong team to drive impact and proactively extend Audible’s prominence in public dialogue around spoken-word entertainment, digital content, technology and culture. As this position is tethered to the office of the CEO, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical. Join the company that invented digital audiobooks and, as the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken word entertainment, a leading destination for digital content. This position is based at our Newark, NJ campus – 20 minutes from Manhattan. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, manage and grow existing Consumer Communications team and efforts in alignment with the overall vision, goals and culture of the Corporate Affairs practice.
- Develop and execute integrated content PR strategies that successfully reinforce Audible as a premier digital media service and content company and a home for artists and creative ideas.
- Lead the Consumer Communications team to create communications campaigns and develop content and consumer-focused PR programs.
- Manage proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis.
- Develop and pitch story ideas aligning with company goals and a deep understanding of the needs and profiles of key media outlets.
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, briefing materials, pitch letters FAQs, Q&As and other supporting documents.
- Manage & direct external public relations agencies & consultants to maximize their value to Audible.