For 10 years, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 90 fully featured services for compute, storage, database, analytics, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), and enterprise applications in over 40 Availability Zones (AZs) across 16 geographic regions in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world monthly -- including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies -- to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com
AWS Infrastructure is looking for a talented, driven, and highly analytical Senior Manager of Global Supply Management with demonstrated experience leading planning teams and delivering results. As the head of your business, you will provide overall leadership for the AWS Power and Cooling (PAC) Global Supply Management Team. You will own and drive the vision, strategy, staffing, and development of the team that delivers to our customer’s expectations. Your team will develop processes and plans that scale to meet the rapid growth of AWS. You will be responsible for driving supply strategy formation, approval, and execution across all PAC equipment categories. This role is located in Seattle, WA.
The ideal candidate needs to have strong and proven communication, management, leadership and motivation skills. Successful leaders at Amazon must be hands-on, results oriented, collaborative, and able to deliver innovative solutions with little to no supervision and guidance. Responsibilities will include leading a team of supply chain planners and influencing plans and priorities throughout a cross-functional organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be critical to the success of this position.
- Lead the team to create and execute supply management strategies for all categories to meet customer needs
- Prioritize activities and align with stakeholders to deliver existing and new technologies to drive competitive advantage for AWS and its customers
- Manage team and supplier performance
- Be a subject matter expert for the customers, technologies, and markets in which you engage
- Manage cross-functional projects against plans and objectives to meet commitments and goals
- Identify and drive realization of opportunities for durable, relative advantage across all categories
- Drive development and implementation of processes and tools to increase team scalability and impact
- Coach and mentor staff to develop strong performers and future Amazon leaders