Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 and is the world’s largest internet based company in the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon is a company of builders and we strive to invent products and services which benefit our customers.
A brief sample of our innovations would include:
Amazon Alexa (Echo) is a new category of device designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers
Amazon Kindle E-Reader is part of the Devices team which also includes Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and Amazon Dash
Amazon Audible is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Machine learning, speech recognition and data mining techniques are utilized to create scalable solutions for business problems
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a robust, fully featured technology infrastructure platform in the cloud comprised of a broad set of compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services.
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, Echo, Echo, IoT, internet of things, Alexa Machine Learning, AWS, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, ML, speech recognition, speech recognition, distributed systems, distributed, big data, big data, speech, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, big data, large scale distributed systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, software development engineer, software developer, software engineer, Java Software Engineer, senior software engineer