AWS Greengrass extends cloud-based applications onto devices at the edge — cars, industrial equipment, consumer devices, and more. It is useful for scenarios that are constrained by 1/ physical transport latency or intermittent connectivity, 2/ economic cost of transporting high data volumes in real time, 3/ privacy and regulatory constraints that dictate where bits can travel.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of PMs and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will be seen as the subject matter expert for your area of focus within AWS Greengrass.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.Your responsibilities will include
- Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
- Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
- Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
- Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
- Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
- Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product
- Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate the AWS Greengrass vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact.