Do you enjoy watching the latest movies, television shows, or sporting events on your computer, tablet or smartphone? Do you hate waiting for your pages to load or your show to re-buffer? Do you want to contribute to systems that deliver a flawless experience in serving video from the edge? Good - us too.
Lambda@Edge -- the team behind serverless compute at the edge -- is a feature of AWS Cloudfront that lets you run code closer to users of your application, which improves performance and reduces latency. We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to join our team in beautiful Seattle, WA. We offer comprehensive relocation and benefit packages.
Lambda@Edge runs your code in response to events generated by the Amazon CloudFront content delivery network
(CDN). Just upload your code to AWS Lambda, which takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability at an AWS location closest to your end user.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running highly available distributed platform on the Internet world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems experience, application security, and will have developed highly available systems (four nines) over the course of their career.
As part of the Lambda@Edge team, you will:
- Have a greenfield opportunity to create a globally distributed computing web-service
- Own and build one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS
- Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
- Design and build systems that scale to hold millions of records and reply to billions of queries per second
- Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
- Provide services that are core to all modern Internet businesses
Find out more about Lambda@Edge! https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/edge