The Free Search team at Amazon has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team optimizes Amazon.com and international websites to help customers find our products when using Search Engines. We develop world leading proprietary technology including an experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes.
We are seeking an experienced, data driven and customer oriented Search Engine Optimization professional, capable of driving commercial success at scale for some of Amazon’s most challenging SEO problems. The successful candidate will be responsible for turning successful experiments into automated solutions, building new products and processes that encourage data driven optimization, and communicating performance to key stakeholders. You will work on multiple projects at once, project managing a range of initiatives, and educate and advise multiple stakeholders.
You will report to the SEO Channel lead at Amazon’s Seattle HQ and will work closely with two engineering teams as well as leveraging our team’s international expertise to succeed. The successful candidate will have a combination of technical SEO skills, tactical SEO experience, analytical experience, and a passion for Product Management. In your role, you will have Business Analyst, SEO, Engineering and Mentoring support to help you succeed. Your work will impact dozens of Amazon websites worldwide, and will be felt by millions of customers globally.
Key responsibilities for the Amazon.com SEO Manager:
· Create and execute a roadmap of initiatives to drive growth in your areas of ownership
· Lead efforts to solve complex SEO problems, moving quickly to implement ideas and deliver results
· Trouble-shoot complex optimization processes and either improve processes or build new tools via engineering teams
· Audit and analyze Amazon SEO performance, identify issues, find root-causes, and experiment with solutions to improve performance at scale
· Run experiments and prove the value of your ideas and help to scale them
· Dive into issues and incidents as they occur, help resolve or escalate them and drive them to resolution
· Manage 3rd parties
· Educate and train stakeholders who can help you achieve your goals
· Stay abreast of updates in search engine algorithms, competitive landscape and the industry to develop winning strategies