At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, and Bioshock.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Character Artist. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world class characters in video games. In this role, you will collaborate with the Art Director and a team of artists to help create inspired and expertly executed character models.
You will be able to work independently and also be comfortable with giving direction and artistic critique. You’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with art director, designers, programmers and animators on object specifications and deliveries
- Translate 2D concepts and reference material into high quality 3D characters.
- Create both organic and hard surface character models
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints