The AWS Infrastructure organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, Principal Product Manager to own defining the business requirements that enhance our Data Center Capacity Planning platform, enabling new Infrastructure engineering innovations and working closely with technology and business teams to successfully implement.
Amazon.com has millions of customers and developers all over the world who rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services via Amazon Web Services. Our goal is to become the Infrastructure Platform for the world. The Infrastructure organization within AWS is responsible for creating an optimized supply-chain platform that delivers all of Amazon’s storage and compute capacity at the lowest possible cost.
Within the AWS Infrastructure org, the Data Center Capacity Planning team is responsible for planning and triggering incremental data center builds. Hardware Engineering, Networking Engineering, and DC Design Engineering innovations are a constant and our capacity planning systems, and processes need to keep up with these innovations. In this role, you will work closely with planning, operations, engineering, and software development teams to deliver high quality and robust capacity planning processes that achieve favorable business outcomes.
Successful candidates will be analytical with business acumen and detail driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should also be obsessed with improving AWS Infrastructure performance by embracing and driving innovation and continuous improvement, with disciplined attention to key performance metrics.
Your responsibilities will be
- Contribute substantially to the strategy and roadmap for AWS Infrastructure and Data Center Capacity Planning specifically.
- Own feature definition for Data Center Capacity Planning (concept through implementation) including business requirements gathering and documentation.
- Align key partners to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence, with ownership of key performance metrics.
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, schedule, performance, and cost.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.