Do you like Amazon Alexa and have a passion for cars? The Alexa Automotive team is bringing these together to provide seamless voice experiences for customers with Alexa in the car. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and personal mobility in order to provide the best possible customer experience when in their automobile.
As the Senior UX Designer, you will lead, define and drive spoken language and multi-modal interfaces for Amazon. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will also work closely with engineering, product management, industrial design, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch. This position requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease conceptualizing spoken and multi-modal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a Designer who can:
- Help create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the voice user experience
- Inspire others on the User Experience team
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
- Drive the development and communication of voice design guidelines and patterns
- Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work with other executives and team members across the organization