Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Are you passionate about solving business problems through data driven decision making? We are looking for a Sales Analytics and Insights
lead to partner with the AWS Americas Head of Strategy and Planning to analyze customer trends, understand market opportunities, develop insights on the productivity of our sales and Technical Sales teams, develop metrics to measure success of programs, create automated mechanisms for internal planning and invent new ways of diving deep with data to uncover insights to help us serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
The ideal candidate has deep skills in working with data, the ability to source and integrate data from multiple disparate backend data sources, has strong financial/business acumen and a deep analytics background to assist the Americas Strategy and Planning team in assessing business performance and delivering actionable insights to improve efficiency and increase productivity. This role will require you to invent new ways of looking at the many dimensions of our business.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization including Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Enterprise Support, Training and Certification and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support annual planning activities to develop actionable insights
- Invent new ways to define and measure programs effectiveness and organizational productivity
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, support, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting requirements and develop new business insights.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed
- Be an expert in analytics tools required to support the Strategy and Planning team