We are a team working on audio, speech and language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and audio signal processing in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a UX Voice Designer for voice and environmental interactions, you will lead, define, and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon and Alexa experiences. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You will need to be working side-by-side with specialized product managers, voice designers, scientists and engineers to bring your designs to life. You must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables. You will excel at the clarification of complexity to obtain the best customer experience for Alexa consumers that is natural, intuitive, and future-defining. You will design for interactive environments using location, orientation, navigation, and consider user paths that cross typical boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Produce user voice flows, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications.
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews.
· Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues.
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts.
· Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, UX designers, and testers.
Communicate clearly and think quickly.