AWS is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to help advise our Payments Financial Services customers on how to best adopt and leverage the value of AWS technology. This is an ideal role for someone with deep experience in the FSI industry, expert knowledge of financial services applications and infrastructure and a solid understanding of the transformational value cloud technologies can bring.
In this role, you will serve as a core member of the Worldwide Financial Services Technology team, and play a key role in executing our go-to-market strategy. You will engage with customers to determine business needs, identify opportunities and issues, and develop related technical solutions and value propositions leveraging the power of AWS cloud technology.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design customer solutions with a focus on the Payments market segment within Financial Services, collaborating with the AWS Business Development, Partner, and other internal teams to help customers migrate to AWS cloud-based technology solutions.
• Architect Payments specific solutions leveraging AWS technology, including solution development and potentially demonstrate technical feasibility through mechanisms including proof-of-concepts and/or prototypes.
• Serve as a thought leadership, evangelizing AWS services and technologies through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public-speaking opportunities such as AWS first-party events and third-party industry events.
• Capture and share best practices and insights internally and with Partners and customers.
• Serve as a key member of the Worldwide Financial Services team, assisting account teams in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Identifying customer requirements and providing feedback into appropriate AWS services teams. Provide updates on customer progress and ensure plan execution by partners.
• The right individual will leverage Payments expertise, architecture experience, and customer-facing skills to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. They will be able to facilitate relationships with senior executive stakeholders, as well as easily interact with and give guidance to technology experts, software developers, IT professionals, and system architects.
• The right individual will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to hear from you.
This role is based in New York, travel may be required up to 50%.