Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
About Amazon Pay
Over the past 20 years Amazon has earned the trust of over 300 Million active customers by providing unprecedented convenience, selection and value on Amazon.com. Now, this same purchase experience can be made available anywhere you shop. Merchants who enable Amazon Pay make it easy for millions of the web’s most valuable consumers to safely purchase from them in just a few clicks or taps using the information already stored in their Amazon account. This helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Amazon Pay is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers and partners to create unique commerce and purchase experiences that benefit buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
Amazon Pay Volume Business
The Amazon Pay Volume Business is responsible for accelerating sales growth, expanding usage of Amazon Pay and improving retention amongst the existing merchant base, particularly among the smaller direct and self-serve registered merchants on the platform. This team creates innovative ways to identify increased conversion on the merchant’s website and drive operational improvement opportunities through partnership with internal stakeholders such as Product, Customer Support, Engineering, etc. The Account Manager will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Pay Volume Business program. The role is focused on driving success for some of the well-known merchants and brands in the US across multiple industry categories using Amazon Pay and apply feedback to improve the Amazon Pay platform that will benefit all merchants.
Amazon Pay is seeking an experienced and driven, Account Management professional who will be responsible for managing a portion of the existing portfolio of merchants. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing programs to help Amazon Pay forge deeper and stronger relationships with those merchants and grow their business. The Account Manager will focus on the growth of the existing merchant base through increased product adoption and increased transaction volume. The individual will work across Amazon to utilize other products and services to create new and powerful value propositions for these existing merchants. The Account Manager will play a key role in the coordination of teams and the communication of new products and features, while representing the merchant’s needs and experience back to internal stakeholders. The Account Manager will represent both product and customer experience leadership across multiple strong teams in a fast-paced, start-up-style environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Be responsible for building strategic relationships with the E-commerce merchant at the most senior levels within the named categories and develop a Go-To-Market plan for building the business.
· Become a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of the E-commerce merchants in an ever-changing business environment.
· Partner with internal teams and other Amazon services teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth. Partner closely with internal and external cross-functional teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Prepare and conduct business reviews with the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers
· Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting the various merchant categories and establish a periodic reviews that addresses key business issues
Communication & Reporting:
· Drive content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
· Successfully prioritizing the needs of merchant clients in a manner that balances merchant client needs and internal priorities.
· Prepare and lead business reviews to the merchant and Amazon senior management teams regarding progress, opportunities and issues
· Be accountable for driving, measuring, and reporting on key inputs and outputs in Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.