Are you a seasoned Production Manager seeking an opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative environment overseeing a staff of 20+ rock stars? Do you have a proven track record of implementing production best practices that create an efficient, well-oiled machine while delighting both customers and employees? Maybe you like comics and want to join a motivated team leading in digital comic book distribution.
ComiXology, an Amazon subsidiary, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Production Manager to oversee our Production team. RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee day to day operations for team of 3 managers and 20+ production staff including assigning tasks, managing a high volume of digital files, overseeing comiXology Guided View (CGV) authoring, weekly releases, and pricing across various comiXology and Kindle marketplaces domestically and internationally
· Serve as thought leader and liaison with partners, publishers and vendors providing thoughtful and timely communications that adhere to the company values and high customer experience, including maintaining SOPs and implementing procedures for greater efficiency and quality
· Inspire and motivate the team to recognize and reach their potential by providing coaching, managing performance reviews and career development plans
· Work with the team and leadership to identify, pursue and implement opportunities to increase productivity and streamline operations so that we can deliver more content to our customers
· Own the Production team organizational structure and ensure that the team remains structured for success
· Work with counterparts at Amazon.com to represent comiXology’s POV and needs and ensure that our production team is on the leading edge of processes, technology and skills
· Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for all production operations ensuring produced work meets high quality standards
· Oversee tech needs and tech project description development, collaborate closely with tech staff to ensure we’re creating the tools and processes that will best meet Production’s needs
· Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between Production and relevant departments including Tech, Marketing and Business Development
· Be available for emergency troubleshooting of various live products
· Create and manage production budget and hiring plan, assisting with interviews, maintaining a high performing team of passionate performers
· Be a champion for company culture!