Consumer will be hosting a hiring event in Ottawa, Canada and will take place the week of February 5th-7th 2018. We will be hiring for our offices in Seattle and the role will require relocation.
The International Technology organization owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to customers across the world. We do this through partnerships with other Amazon technical teams, providing them with tools, resources and a platform to make their global approach easy. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology.
Amazon’s Internationalization (I18N) Platform team is making it easier for groups across Amazon to bring their products and features to a global audience. The work we do reduces the effort and enables other teams to more efficiently internationalize their products. This is a problem space that is not unique to Amazon, but one in which we are taking a unique approach to solving.
If you are looking for an opportunity that will stretch your knowledge, challenge you to learn and develop new skills, and force you to creatively solve problems at a massive scale, you've found it! You will have the opportunity to work directly with dozens of core platform and customer-facing teams, internationalization gurus, and business leaders across Amazon as you develop the platform that will have a direct impact on hundreds of teams, and millions of customers.
In this role, you will become a subject-matter expert for internationalization, and asked to provide guidance and direction to developers across Amazon on how to properly globalize their products and features.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Build technology-based solutions that reduce the development and business cost of globalizing products and features
- Be a champion for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write excellent code
- Help define and drive the architecture and technology choices for the I18N Platform
- Design, implement, and operate highly-scalable, highly-available services
- Partner with service and feature teams across Amazon to better understand and deliver on opportunities
- Develop yourself and those around you by participating in, and leading training and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.