Join the team that launched the first-ever Amazon Books physical retail stores. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to build brick and mortar stores that integrate the benefits of offline and online book shopping. It is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We're looking for a passionate Sr. Product Manager to drive the development and roadmap of store management and associate tools for our network of stores. As the Product Manager, you will use a combination of outstanding analytical skills, business judgment, and strategic thinking to innovate. You will own the tools that help keep associates and managers in Amazon Books stores informed, aligned and efficient. You are responsible for defining and owning the roadmap, integration with partner tech teams and third party vendors, and driving prioritization of features based on store team feedback. You will build processes and establish mechanisms that capture the voice of the associate and result in actionable projects and programs. The role requires a deep understanding of store associate and management needs, thinking big about how we can make running a network of stores efficient. You will define the optimal tools and processes for learning, staying informed and managing teams at Amazon Books stores.
You have a track record of exceptional performance and love working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. You dive deep and like the complexity of systems but drive simple, innovative solutions. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. You are eager to be a founder on a new Amazon team in start-up mode.
· Think big about the needs of your customers. Drive innovative, smart products from end-to-end that will improve associate experiences and are usable from an associate or manager’s first hire date
· With input from stakeholders, develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap. Create buy-in for the product vision
· Develop detailed product and UI requirements for large-scale and complicated features and products to drive simple, intuitive workflows for store teams
· Work closely with teams to understand root causes of pain points and drive the right solutions
· Work closely with software development teams and partner organizations to lead product feature launches
· Manage complexity and resources by systematically prioritizing multiple streams of work
· Continuously test and learn, leveraging data to drive decision-making