Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to own the AWS Serverless and Containers Analyst Relations program. The Serverless and Containers AR Manager will create and drive strategy to effectively communicate AWS’s Serverless and Containers offerings including identifying key differentiators, market opportunities, and roadmap.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to the largest global enterprises. AWS pioneered cloud computing and continues to drive market innovation through areas such as Serverless, IoT, Machine Learning, and AR/VR. As a result, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who want to understand AWS to help their clients realize the potential of cloud computing for their business. The Serverless and Containers AR Manager's role is to work closely with these analysts to ensure they understand how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings and to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be creative and experienced in media/analyst relations/communications with a successful track record of executing communications programs for technology companies. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and can create messaging and narratives that are optimized for the analyst community. The candidate must be able to understand technically deep topics, has a demonstrated success managing numerous evaluations such as Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves, and possesses a proven track-record of developing analyst relationships. He/she must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel. Key Responsibilities:
· Partner with Communications Team Leadership to develop and execute analyst strategy for the Serverless and Containers space
· Proactively and simultaneously manage multiple vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports such as Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
· Drive analyst awareness of AWS Serverless and Containers offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
· Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
· Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
· Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with analysts
· Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact