Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with key Systems Integrators, Managed Services Providers, Professional Services and Management Consulting firms in North America. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future?
As a National Partner Development Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers. You will work closely with a Partner Solution Architect (PSA) to develop and deliver skilled, competent partners to our field sales, Solution Architect (SA), Partner Sales Manager (PSM), and Professional Services organizations. You will enable partners to drive exponential growth through the development of their practice areas, skillsets, and go-to-market with AWS. You will also drive new AWS revenue opportunities through market development.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level and a sales background that enables them to easily interact with Enterprise customers and sales/field reps across a named area. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and to build and convey compelling partner value propositions. Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with an assigned group of regional Systems Integrator Partners to define and execute high impact, joint sales and go-to-market programs.
- Manage and work closely with Partner Sales Managers to drive sales engagements between partners and AWS sales teams.
- Serve as a key member of the Partner Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solutions and supporting collateral.
- Engage the Partners’ field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Create and execute a strategic business development plan for target markets with assigned Partners, and ensure alignment with the AWS strategic direction and working with key internal stakeholders.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Ensure the Partners are successful using AWS services and have the technical resources required to deliver against customer needs.
- Provide Partner feedback to internal product development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Communicate to AWS Partner teams, field sales, solutions architects, business development and other interested in parties in partner’s capabilities and successes.
- Prepare and give periodic business reviews to the AWS senior management team.
- Support complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Work with AWS partner solution architects to help assigned partners to define go to market solution offerings utilizing the AWS service portfolio.
- The candidate should possess 10+ years of sales, business or partner development, and/or program management experience.
- Experience engaging, influencing, and presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a North America territory strategy to ensure both short and long- term goals, objectives and quotas are met.
- Open to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics
- Prior experience working with Systems Integrators and Consulting Companies to drive sales.
- Experience working within the enterprise software development industry is highly desired.