We are the largest provider of audiobooks on the planet - a collection of artists, designers, and technologists who share a love of innovation and the art of spoken word and we need more great people! We love our customers and we love our product. We're on a mission to share great stories with the world and we want you to be a part of that journey.
Audible is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited to apply their depth of experience to Audible’s intersection with Amazon's growing portfolio of products and devices. The Audible Amazon Services team own the services that enable Audible's features on Amazon web and devices including Alexa, Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and eReaders. Your mission will be to build robust, high-volume, server-side code that is always fast, available, scalable, and engineered to withstand unparalleled demand.
As a software engineer at Audible, you will be expected to design, develop, and implement high-quality, scalable, and maintainable solutions that delight customers. You will work with multiple partners across Audible and Amazon including Development Managers, Product/Program Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Business stakeholders, etc.
The software you develop will be used on a daily basis by millions of Audible consumers world-wide across millions of Amazon devices!
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to the development of complex software
- Participate in internal review of software components and systems
- Work proactively with minimal technical direction to determine appropriate approaches to software development life cycle
- Define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work to be executed
- Collaborate with senior management and leadership within the engineering organization
- Build thriving relationships across our cross-functional teams
- Resolve a diverse range of technical problems and issues of broad scope and complexity