Are you a linguist with technical aptitude? Or are you an engineer with a passion for (human) languages and linguistics? Come work on Alexa! We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Our goal is to delight our customers by adding new features to Alexa and by improving the accuracy of our existing speech recognition and natural language processing systems.
We are seeking a Language Engineer with experience in linguistic annotation, ontologies, taxonomies and/or semantic schemas. In this role, you will identify and solve issues directly affecting the customer experience by becoming an expert in annotation schemas and natural language understanding.
Specifically, you will:
- Design the natural language processing components of new Alexa experiences and features by writing grammars and annotation specifications
- Identify and solve production issues that are impacting the Alexa customer experience
- Collaborate with scientists and other Language Engineers in creating optimal solutions to elevate the customer experience
- Advocate strict adherence to annotation guidelines
- Scale existing functionalities into new languages