Amazon is seeking a dynamic, organized, self-starter to develop and implement a Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) benchmarking and quality mechanism that reduces failure modes and improves equipment reliability. They will be a leader on the support team’s field efforts in performing site visits and identifying maintenance improvement opportunities. They will benchmark Fulfillment Center RME performance internally and externally and identify Best-on-Planet capabilities. They will develop and implement mechanisms and metrics to raise the performance bar and improve reliability Year over Year. In this position the impacts you can expect to enjoy include:
· Establishes RME standard work for determining maintenance procedure quality, details, timing, and structure for all sites and maintenance providers.
. Performs regular maintenance audits in the field and analyzes what is being done relative to standard work best practices for all RME scope.
. Works with Amazon and Third Party Service Providers to develop and recommend strategic maintenance quality objectives.
· Defines and enforces broad, company-wide standards for the way new quality initiatives are scoped, designed and put into production.
· Identifies and validates new company-wide PM processes and resources meet the highest safety and effectiveness standards.
· Develops new quality program management methodologies that accelerate schedules and maximize constrained resources.
· You structure your work and collaborate with teams to ensure gaps/opportunities within or between regions and organizations (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) are identified and mitigated.
· Influence other team roadmaps, are able to reach consensus on approach/prioritization, and deliver quality successfully.
· Contribute as a senior quality engineer on a high performing team which defines and audits the quality of RME maintenance procedures and execution.
· Help define the 3-5 year RME Quality strategic vision, have a long-term roadmap, establish the right Quality team dynamics, and deliver innovative, scalable testing solutions & programs.
· Continually raise the bar for maintenance procedure quality
· Continue to improve test tools, processes, and quality metrics.
· Develop a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment.
· Facilitate monthly RME quality reviews to refine standard work procedures, ensure network adoption and inspect for effectiveness.
Make History! Program Management:
· Providing oversight for reliability quality program improvements execution, budget development, performance and capital planning.
· Managing vendor support and equipment relationships and leverage Amazon’s network size to maximize economies of scale.
· Developing and managing budget and contract documents including Request for Proposals (RFPs), change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing. Hiring and developing the best:
· Leading and mentoring field-based RME Managers in the expansion and continuous improvement of Amazon’s North American Fulfillment Network.
· Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring bar raising talent in the Reliability & Maintenance Engineering Quality team. Audit, Report and Record:
· Monitoring, auditing and enforcing maintenance execution and safe work practices.
· Instituting and auditing training drills across the network.
· Driving Maintenance Quality Best Practices including: Innovating, documenting, improving work methods, standardizing, providing a safe work environment and requiring safe work practices, training, commissioning equipment, collecting, measuring, and analyzing key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Amazon customers’ experience. Partnering across business lanes:
· Leveraging the entire maintenance team for the benefit of the North American network
· Providing Fulfillment Center General Managers with visibility over quality manager responsibilities so that they can better understand, lead, mentor, and manage Quality Managers.