Want to work on a product that can:
- Backup hundreds of TBs of customer tables in seconds
- Replicate tables across continents
- Encrypt PBs of data with no performance degradation
DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL serverless database that does all this and more !!
We are building new features for one the most widely used and highest RPS services on AWS - DynamoDB. This is a great opportunity to build new features, lead the design and implementation of new distributed services that operates at extreme scale. DynamoDB provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of TBs in size. What are we looking for?
This will be a hands on position where you will do everything from designing, implementing rock solid components, launching new services iteratively, mentoring other engineers as well as evangelizing the work done by your team. Position Responsibilities:
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Delivery quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.