Do you like building software from ground up? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage, visualize and interact with large amounts of data?
We’re seeking a talented engineer with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems in distributed systems, high performance storage systems, data visualization, query generators, and database internals – experience with parallel query processing, distributed caching, business intelligence, or transaction processing are all big pluses. If this is you, Amazon is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
In Amazon Web Services (AWS), our mission is to provide customers with best in class data services in the cloud to store, query and analyze the enormous data sets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where an engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. Our team pioneered Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Redshift. Each service changed the course of database history by bringing new and innovative features to our customers. You can read about how DynamoDB is the fastest growing service in AWS history at http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2012/06/amazon-dynamodb-growth.html
. And how Redshift is changing the course DW history here http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2012/11/amazon-redshift.html
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions.
- Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.