AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of AWS infrastructure so customers can focus on your applications. By implementing best practices to maintain infrastructure, AWS Managed Services helps to reduce your operational overhead and risk. AWS Managed Services automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure. Our rigor and controls help to enforce your corporate and security infrastructure policies, and enable you to develop solutions and applications using your preferred development approach.
In this role you’ll manage a complex portfolio of platform development programs across the AWS Managed Services team. The TPM provides the glue to keep the project/pieces organized and on track. Given the breadth of the service we are working on this role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You’ll work with the product management team to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and tooling improvements for greater transparency and efficiency.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including development teams around the world, software vendors, partners, security/networking, product management, and every major AWS service team.
- Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical
- Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management.
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.