Who We Are
Amazon Publishing and is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers across a wide spectrum on content and mediums. Storytelling is in our DNA and we’re looking for a designer that’s passionate about delivering great visuals that drive engagement.
This position will based at Brilliance Publishing offices located in Grand Haven, Michigan with our creative services team.Who You Are
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring stylish, elevated ideas to the table. In addition, they should have the ability to deliver clean, web-ready designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines in a fast-paced agency environment for Amazon.com. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital expertise, intrinsic design abilities, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. Not only do you have the technical skills and a killer portfolio to back it up, you function as conceptual thinker that can contribute to larger multi-channel campaigns. The ability to manage multiple projects while keeping cool under pressure and communicating with key stakeholders is essential.
An online portfolio of work is required.Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen brand assets, including identities, style and usage guides, hangtags, labels, packaging, layouts, and collaborate with the design community to ensure consistent use
- Enhance the team knowledge of best design practices and trends in digital and brand design
- Present design solutions to senior creatives and get sign-offs
- Understand and respond to promotion performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs
- Create fun and engaging designs for consumer and merchant customers
- Bring big ideas to life through iteration and collaboration
- Understand usability principles that help drive successful design
- Design cohesive campaigns across multiple platforms, including desktop, mobile, and social
- Work with the Art Directors to develop campaign concepts for new products and services