Who We Are
Amazon Publishing and is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers across a wide spectrum on content and mediums. Storytelling is in our DNA and we’re looking for a designer that’s passionate about delivering great visuals that drive engagement.
Position is based in Michigan with our creative services team. Who You Are
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring stylish, elevated ideas to fruition. In addition, they should have the ability to deliver dev-ready assets based on existing designs, style guides, and brand guidelines in a fast-paced agency environment for Amazon.com. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital UX experience, intrinsic design abilities, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. You will collaborate with a team of passionate UX Designers, Art Directors, Product Managers, and Developers to design the UI architecture, interaction flows, visuals, and assets for new and existing products and experiences.
An online portfolio of work is required. Responsibilities
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
· Present design solutions to senior creatives and get sign-offs
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
· Create fun and engaging designs for consumer and merchant customers
· Bring big ideas to life through iteration and collaboration
· Understand usability principles that help drive successful design
· Partner with development teams to build experiences: provide redlines; cut assets; review finished interfaces
· Work with the Art Directors to develop campaign concepts for new products and services