Brilliance Publishing is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator. Are you looking to develop your project management and leadership skills? If you possess the skills and experience necessary to coordinate and guide others through major project initiatives, as well as the ability to own quality assurance testing efforts, you will love this job!
Join an organization that is reinventing publishing and is part of the Amazon team that developed the Kindle and drove the growth of eBooks. Help us deliver projects to build out and support digital publishing with the same passion and customer-obsessed approaches that Amazon has used successfully. Deliver new experiences for customers and new services for authors.
Brilliance Publishing is a full service publisher with two publishing imprints, sales and distribution operations for Amazon-published print books, and audiobook publishing operations. Since our acquisition by Amazon in 2007 we have grown our team, added new businesses, and innovated in our field. We continue to build out software solutions and infrastructure to support our future business online, offline, and in digital. Our opportunities to deliver compelling content to Amazon and Audible.com customers, as well as customers not on Amazon, have not been greater. Come make history with us!
Here’s why you should come work with us:
• You get to work with a leader in publishing: Brilliance is a three-time Grammy-nominated publisher representing over 5,000 authors including Tom Clancy, Michael Connelly, Nora Roberts, and John Green.
• You are driven to see projects succeed and have experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver new capabilities.
• You enjoy variety, knowing that no two projects or project teams are alike and you rise to the unique challenges of each.
• You understand the importance of clearly defined use cases and project requirements, and enjoy working with others to accomplish just that.
• Verification that project requirements have been met and all features function as expected through coordinated testing is your specialty.
• You get to enjoy a great work-life balance in the resort town of Grand Haven Michigan, on Lake Michigan with the opportunity to work with your peers at Amazon in Seattle Washington.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Develop processes and supporting templates to facilitate the identification and documentation of all related business use cases and requirements.
• Assist teams with the identification of the desired resulting business process and outcomes.
• Coordinate the review of all business requirements with technical resources and assist with the review of the proposed solution to ensure all requirements have been properly addressed.
• Assist with the prioritization of functionality and project scope.
• Assist project team members with identification of and writing test cases to capture the full reach of the requirements.
• Look around corners to help team members think differently when identifing less visible test cases, as well as how to identify edge cases that can verify functionality.
• Participate heavily in test case tracking, execution, bug reporting, and sign off.
• Coordinate the creation of Standard Operating Procedures and documentation of resulting business processes.
• Assist with the definition and oversight of training on new features and solutions according to the Standard Operating Procedure.
• Assist with the definition of the launch plan, with communication of changes to impacted teams, and coordinate post launch tasks such as training and bug fixes.