Amazon Web Services is the largest consumer cloud offering in the world, powering cutting edge science, rapidly growing start-ups and industry-leading companies.
The AWS Safety Engineering team builds large-scale systems to ensure that AWS customers have the highest-availability, lowest-latency cloud experience on the planet. We partner with AWS product teams to build data collection and operational automation systems that detect and mitigate risks before they cause problems for our customers. We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced senior software engineer to help us succeed in this mission.
As a web development engineer, you will have a broad role delivering new web apps and services that must tackle a wide range of problems to identify and mitigate risks to the operational health of AWS services. As the scale and complexity of AWS grows, this is the best way that we can offer our customers the most stable and reliable cloud computing platform.As a Web Development Engineer, you will:
- Play a significant role in building new software and services from scratch.
- Deliver modular web components.
- Keep technical debt low and quality high while maintaining operational excellence.
- Ensure the highest quality software to meet the needs of our customers.
- Work very closely with your customers and have strong ownership over product vision, direction and technical approach.