Amazon is looking for an IT Program Manager to join our IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) team. ITRSS is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Logistics sites. ITRSS is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support, including server and network infrastructure, end-user support, robotics, imaging, and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees.
In this role, you will manage and coordinate multiple support projects with global impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success. You will coordinate with ITRSS Leadership in the development and implementation of IT support solutions. You will manage and coordinate resources required for new site builds and other efforts that impact ITRSS operations.
Our ITRSS team has an immediate opening at our contact center located in Austin, TX. If you are interested in a challenging position with a great company, the Program Manager II position might be for you.
• Develops comprehensive and repeatable project plans for execution. Develops timelines and work breakdown structures. Aids in the development of human resources planning. Effectively closes projects, ensuring no gaps in handoff to IT support or other internal organizations.
• Manages multiple projects at program level. Delegates project tasks to assigned engineers. Informs, motivates, and acts as initial escalation point for project team members. Communicates business objectives to project team members and explains how technical solutions meet those goals. Manages relationships with resources and stakeholders by influence.
• Works closely with technical staff to develop solutions to new or changing business objectives. Acts as primary authority to non-technical stakeholders but defers to technical resources to resolve conflicts. Crafts long-form written business cases. Writes Requests for Proposals for evaluation by third parties. Accurately presents information verbally and in writing to cross-functional teams on technical subjects.
• Regularly communicates project health and identifies risks to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and management. Resolves most conflicts between timeline, budget, and scope independently but intuitively escalates complex or consequential issues to management. Identifies and directs changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
• Develops documentation and mechanisms for team use to maximize productivity across projects and programs. Tracks “lessons learned” and provides immediate feedback. Continuously improves tools, processes, and documentation. Discovers and champions Standard Work, creating such processes where possible.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation