Audible - an Amazon company and perpetual innovator – is looking to add a Director to its Amazon-focused Marketing team, specifically focused on developing a deep, actionable understanding of the Amazon customer. Using customer insights and data, you will develop and implement perspectives on customer segmentation and targeting, and optimization of messaging and offers. You will also coordinate the execution of and delivery of results from cross-surface campaigns, working in partnership with our Amazon surface-focused acquisition team leaders. You will work cross-functionally and globally across Audible and Amazon to support and accelerate the growth of Audible.
The ideal candidate is an early adopter of digital technology and will be metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment, and communicate clearly and persuasively. To be successful in this role you will need to bring an anthropological bent toward understanding people, blended with a strong analytical background in statistics, market research, consulting or analytical marketing. Project management and campaign measurement skills will also be critical.
You will be essential in forging connections among Market Research and Data Science teams, our acquisition teams, and our Amazon partner teams. As such, you could be based in Newark with some travel to Seattle, or Seattle with some travel to Newark. Your overarching focus will be on sharpening our targeted approach to Amazon customer segments with tailored messaging and offers, significantly improving conversion rates to Trial and Membership.
This is a distinctive opportunity to play a vital role on a fast-growing team, owning high visibility projects in a promising space. The role requires a commitment to goals, proactive examination, an attitude that anything is possible, and a relentless focus on the customer. The right candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven, enthusiastic, collaborative and not afraid to take risks. Your mission (and ours) is unique and powerful: fill hearts, minds, and souls with premium audio content that enables learning and literate entertainment. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead definition of Amazon customer segments for Audible on various dimensions (propensity, affinity, etc.)
- Develop modeling with our Data Science team to prioritize segments for targeted outreach, adjusting and scaling across Amazon surfaces
- Develop tailored messaging and offer guidance to optimize conversion to Trial and Membership; test and validate with market research; partner with executional teams to A/B test and refine
- In partnership with Audible teams, identify cross-surface priority campaign initiatives (e.g. major book launches) and coordinate execution and measurement
- Work with Market Research to track key top-of-funnel metrics (e.g. awareness, consideration) by segment; report out to team on a regular cadence along with drivers of movement and recommended action items
- Drive business case development – bring together customer insights, research, financial data and analytics to develop a perspective on revenue and profitability potential for new to market initiatives
- Leverage Amazon ecosystem assets to provide Amazon customers with delightful, seamless, personalized experiences that drive acquisition
- Work with the Product Management, Engineering and UX team to align on features and product roadmaps
- Leverage data/analytics to continuously improve and make sound business decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there
- Partner with Finance, Analytics and Data Science to define and measure success
- Consumer obsessed, with deep curiosity to understand types of customers, qualitatively and analytically
- Communicate with superior verbal and written skills across all levels of the organization. Humility to listen and continually learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented experiences to market.
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals.
- Write business requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the product and development teams.
- Persuade stakeholders effectively, and execute methodically. Influence cross-functional roadmaps, letting nothing stand in the way of clarity and prioritization.
- Ability to proactively generate and quickly execute actionable recommendations based on the synthesis and analyses of data.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive projects to completion.