"Alexa, find me an awesome designer!"
We believe in creating voice-first experiences that deliver convenience to the lives of our customers. We design engaging interactions for customers to use just their voice to access their favorite services and products wherever they are.
Sound fun? Then the Alexa Skills Studio(Lantern) team wants to “talk” to you. Our mission is to push the envelope of what is possible and how far device experiences can go.
As a Senior Voice UX Designer, you will lead, define, teach, and drive excellence for spoken language and multimodal interfaces for high engaging skills that the team implements.
You are a people-focused innovator and leader. You’ll be expected to create attractive and rich approaches for exciting and ambitious ideas that we haven’t even thought of yet. You are extremely proactive, as you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be anticipating the future. You are a collaborator and facilitator, and will be working side-by-side with other designer, product managers, and engineers to bring great designs to life. And most importantly, you are exceptional at creating and presenting spoken and multimodal experiences, testing and iterating to strong and inspiring designs.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Use rock-solid methods and techniques to produce the right UX artifacts for every given design situation
- Confidently explain design rationale in teaching sessions and in executive-level reviews
- Combine experience, research, and analysis of information and data to inform UX improvement
- Appreciate and pursue great end-to-end experiences, paying attention to flow, context, micro-interactions, performance, and change
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of voice interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and third-part partners
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly