Amazon Publishing is seeking an energetic, driven, and process-oriented Asset Researcher to oversee the image/video research and clearance process for Amazon Publishing initiatives. In this role, you will be partnering with internal teams to find and clear assets based on project needs as well driving process-related solutions to scale production.
The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, polished communication skills, and an ability to collaborate with multiple internal teams to deliver results. This is a multi-faceted job where flexibility and a strong work ethic are necessary to help us fulfill our mission of driving and measuring excellence in publishing.
This position is based in Michigan. While this role will be based near the Lake Michigan shoreline in Grand Haven, Michigan, you will work with teams in Seattle, New York and all over the world to solve unique design problems worldwide. Core Job Responsibilities:
- Research and identify photographs, videos, artwork, and other assets based on individual project needs for book covers, book interiors, and other digital publishing projects.
- Clear assets for commercial and/or editorial use.
- Interpret creative positioning briefs and apply judgment to identify best images within a pool and to drive to great alternative solutions when necessary.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms for one-off license agreements and drive general agreements with strategic external partners
- Manage asset tracking via current tool set & drive improvements to rights metadata tracking
- Manage the asset research process from start to finish, including project intake, scheduling, pricing, and clearance components
- Create, refine, and educate peers and management on processes and expectations to meet production goals and objectives
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to drive cost and quality process improvements
- Collaborate with finance, tax, and legal to advise on and execute clearance in a compliant manner