Amazon Publishing, the full-service publishing arm of Amazon, is seeking an energetic, process-oriented, and innovative Associate Vendor Manager. In this role, you will focus on administering and streamlining current processes that support the management of a pipeline of creative service partners, including design, editorial, marketing, and PR vendors. With a goal of creating an environment that attracts and retains world-class talent, you will work to ensure cross-team, cross-tool coordination for smooth vendor engagement and payments. The successful candidate is organized, with a strong bias for action and ability to independently drive projects. This is a multi-faceted job where flexibility, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a passion for reading are necessary to help us fulfill our mission of driving and measuring excellence in publishing.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Liaise with third party managed service provider(s) to administer weekly review of expiring vendor contracts, update contracts as necessary, and track onboarding progress and payment metrics.
· Drive development activities with internal stakeholders and external partners to streamline accurate and on-time payments and drive to best possible vendor experience.
· Create and manage auditing mechanisms for vendor profiles to ensure complete and accurate vendor metadata.
· Operationalize cross-team and cross-tool guidance as our team transitions to adhere to global contingent workforce policy.
· Provide reporting solutions to surface vendor and service cost metadata to internal partners.
· Project manage the vendor contract renewal process for multiple teams within Amazon Publishing.
· Document, refine, and provide education on processes and expectations to meet production goals and objectives.
· Troubleshoot escalations to ensure best working environment possible for vendors.