At Amazon, our goal is to create great games that delight our customers. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: EverQuest, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Planetside, and H1Z1.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with broad game development experience and world-class software engineering skills. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys iterating with artists and game designers to break down technology barriers, and drives projects to completion to deliver experiences that delight customers.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying major new game features. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing features and platform infrastructure.
- Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing elegant and practical code.
- Own broad game feature areas end-to-end.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.