External job description
Have you ever dreamed of working in an organization that puts the user’s needs first? Would you like the chance to innovate and create on a daily basis? The Amazon Advertiser Experience UX (AXUX) team is looking for a SR UX Designer who’s addicted to problem solving, has a gift for storytelling, and is passionate about design.
As a SR UX designer on the AXUX team you will define new design patterns, visual standards and end-to-end experiences that allow advertisers of all sizes to effectively promote their books, brands and products on Amazon. Because successful advertising starts with a great customer experience, our team works backwards from the shopper to meet the needs of our advertising customers. You’ll test, iterate, and test again to discover what really drives results. You’ll empower advertisers with the tools to reach their prospective customers, and in doing so, elevate the shopper experience on Amazon—making it easier for millions of people around the world to discover and buy anything online.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our retail and marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, and we’re breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. About You
You are customer obsessed and able to clearly communicate how your designs will impact Amazon shoppers. You have an uncanny ability to examine problems from every angle before zeroing in on simple, pragmatic solutions. You proactively gather data to inform your decisions, and demonstrate sound judgement when faced with ambiguity. You always seek to raise the bar for visual design, believing that effective customer experience can—and should—be elegant. You have an impressive ability to build relationships with other teams, taking seemingly disparate goals and customer problems and solving them with common design systems and frameworks. You prioritize ruthlessly to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Key Responsibilities
- Translate a long-term vision into user-centered tenets, success metrics, initiatives, user stories and designs.
- Quickly and thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, design mockups, and usable prototypes as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Define, document, and iterate on design patterns and components within a series of complex, ever-evolving design systems.
- Develop and maintain detailed ad-creative specifications, working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
- Partner with program managers and engineers to execute and learn from ad creative testing and iteration.
- Work closely with partner teams to drive rapid progress and iteration while ensuring alignment with the overall shopping experience.