ComiXology, Amazon’s premiere digital comic reading experience, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to help define the next generation of customer reading, purchasing and discoverability experiences for digital comics, graphic novels, and manga.
As a Senior UX Designer on the comiXology team, you will have significant impact on Amazon’s digital comic experience, partnering with Amazon.com teams to bring end-to-end experiences to customers across the comiXology and Amazon Kindle ecosystem. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, executives, and other designers, leading the design vision and project deliverables from rough sketches to working prototypes. The ideal candidate loves to visualize an experience in the abstract, dive into customer research and data, break down complex use cases, and then drive the vision into deliverables that masterfully combine detail and storytelling.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings.
- Quickly and thoroughly create diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Practice user-centered design by participating in user research and incorporating data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Collaborate with Amazon.com UX designers to evolve existing patterns for new locales.
- Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
- Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, Amazon.com executives, and external partners for review and feedback.
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary, is a revolutionary, cloud-based digital comics service. With content from over 125 publishers as well as thousands of independent creators from around the world, comiXology provides an unrivaled library of digital comic books, graphic novels, manga and bandes dessinées. The company’s first-in-class innovations include the exclusive Guided View technology which provides an immersive and cinematic reading experience and a monthly subscription service. ComiXology is based in New York City, with operations in Seattle and Los Angeles.