Amazon.com is looking for a proven Network Engineer preferably with supervisory experience for its Michigan-based subsidiary – Brilliance Publishing. Are you looking to develop your leadership skills and technical expertise leading up to a career at Amazon.com? If you possess the deep technical skills necessary to build, maintain, and secure complex networks and infrastructure and are looking for opportunities to advance your career with a leading technology company, you will love this job!
Join an organization that is reinventing publishing and is part of the Amazon team that developed the Kindle and drove the growth of eBooks. Help us build out a secure infrastructure to support digital publishing with the same passion and customer-obsessed approaches that Amazon has used successfully. Deliver new experiences for customers and new services for authors.
Brilliance Publishing is a full service publisher with two publishing imprints, sales and distribution operations for Amazon-published print books, and audiobook publishing operations. Since our acquisition by Amazon in 2007 we have grown our team, added new businesses, and innovated in our field. We continue to build out our network and infrastructure to support our future business online, offline, and in digital. Our opportunities to deliver compelling content to Amazon and Audible.com customers, as well as customers not on Amazon, have not been greater. Come make history with us!
Here’s why you should come work with us:
• You get to work with a leader in publishing: Brilliance is a three-time Grammy-nominated publisher representing over 5,000 authors including Tom Clancy, Michael Connelly, Nora Roberts, and John Green.
• You have extensive experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and want to deliver new capabilities within the cloud in innovative ways.
• You enjoy working autonomously in a mid-sized team and office setting while having access to and the backing of resources of a larger organization like Amazon.
• You understand and analyze both technical and business risks, and their impact.
• You get to enjoy a great work-life balance in the resort town of Grand Haven Michigan, on Lake Michigan with the opportunity to work with your peers at Amazon in Seattle Washington.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Develop long-term departmental technology strategies and significantly influence company-wide engineering processes and standards, as well as integration with Amazon networks and infrastructure.
• Own both local and cloud based infrastructure, actual and virtual.
• Own network engineering, security, monitoring, optimization, and operational support for the enterprise.
• Learn information security best practices from a technology leader and ensure the organization adheres to the expected high standard.
• Independently manage projects, including requirements gathering, specifications, testing, and implementation.
• Recommend improvements to the way infrastructure is built and implemented, be heavily involved in scoping the technical requirements for infrastructure projects, identify appropriate technologies, and establish network best practices.
• Secure and maintain both the corporate and production networks and network performance by managing access, performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network and server problems.
• You get the opportunity to lead the change review process for the organization, overseeing the hand off and deployment of application and system changes.