The AWS Global Professional Services Security, Risk, and Compliance team works with our largest enterprise customers to operationalize the shared responsibility model as they migrate to the cloud. We are looking for super-smart Sr. Software Developers
to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality.
The ideal candidate is passionate about solving security hurdles in innovative ways. This person thrives and succeeds in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through to back-end systems and all points in between.
This person should have an understanding of OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale and in a DevOps environment, are very applicable and helpful.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, monitoring and operations
- Write high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Build flexible systems choosing simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”)
- Encourage and support knowledge-sharing within team and external groups
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team and external groups
- Actively participate in hiring and mentoring the very best