Join the team that just launched the first-ever Amazon Books retail store. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world’s most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, smart, and results-oriented UX designer to lead our user experience design programs for the physical book store. You will use UX and visual design skills to create elegant, intuitive experiences that translate to strong customer experiences that span the store's point of sale system, associate tools, and the mobile experience in the store. You can translate complex customer interactions into simple, engaging user-centered solutions and must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with marketing design, store design and learning design teams create a cohesive, end-to-end experience for internal and external customers
- Own the end-to-end design process and deliverable set (including user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes) to effectively communicate high-level design strategies
- Develop, implement, apply and evangelize user research, usability testing and user feedback programs for Books CX
- Present design work to business and technical teams, and executive leadership for review and feedback
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs, and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints
- Analyze business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability study findings to create customer-focused designs
- Assist in the development and evaluation of site architecture maps, navigation models, personas and user stories
- Refine designs by considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs