Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Alexa - Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square)..
Resumes can be submitted to our career site or via firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you!
All-New Amazon Echo
Info pertaining to Alexa Machine Learning Science Team: https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/science
Join the team building Alexa and be a part of revolutionizing the way that people interact with devices in their home, their electronics and Amazon products and services. You will collaborate with developers and scientists working with Machine Learning and Spoken Language Understanding solutions to make Alexa smarter and provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will work with teams across the Alexa organization and have direct impact on driving spoken language features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will be responsible for architecture, scoping, planning, and implementation of software solutions that are testable, maintainable and scalable. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical and highly innovative, and relish the opportunity to delight customers with pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
- Develop distributed systems for Machine Learning that are testable, maintainable and efficient.
- Actively participate in defining architectural strategies, overall component designs, and integration plans for the team’s products.
- Work on team architecture to ensure that solutions are extensible, simple, optimal and scalable.
- Lead team members to investigate design, prototype and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Provide technical excellence and mentor team members.
- Make technical trade-offs between short-term needs and long-term business needs.