Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for solutions builders with a passion for architecting solutions that accelerate our customers' ability to innovate on our platform. You will be part of a team of innovative practitioners who are obsessed with understanding the needs of our customers and have the skills to partner with them to build intelligent, scalable, secure, and cost effective solutions. Our goal is to double our customers’ inventiveness by doubling the number of experiments they can run (Jeff Bezos).
We are small team of highly skilled technologists, researchers, and solution builders who thrive on architecting non-trivial solutions that align with our customers’ innovation needs in the areas of security and monitoring at scale, artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and serverless architectures. Solutions builders on our team are provided a creative environment that moves fast, seeks to gain a deep understanding of customers, and has the customer focus required to innovate. You will need to be comfortable architecting and experimenting with Petabyte scale data sets, globally distributed environments and doing so in a well architected manner. Most of all you need to be comfortable being part of a tight team of technologists who enjoy what they do and have fun doing it.
As a member of the core sales team, you will drive revenue growth across a defined set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand and implement best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. Here are some other qualities we’re looking for
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and be eager to make a big impact.
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- You have an area of focus where you are a subject matter expert such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, security, some facet of big data ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop), or database expertise.
- Understand and anticipate our customers business needs and accelerate their ability to innovate by building working prototypes or POCs.
- Work in collaboration with the sales team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
- Drive the AWS platform by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams’ roadmaps
- Identify and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community and beyond through industry conferences and events
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, blogs, etc.
- Position requires travel -- generally, between 25% - 50%