At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: EverQuest, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Planetside, and H1Z1.
As a Rendering Engineer on our project you will be working with an industry leading engineering, design, and art team to produce a game that amazes our players. You will have direct access to a large number of Amazon engineers whose expertise spans from rendering all the way to machine learning and cloud compute. The Role:
- Be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining advanced graphics technology.
- Research cutting edge rendering techniques & algorithms then drive practical implementation of them.
- Collaborate with the Lumberyard rendering team to leverage their technology for our game and share your technology back for everyone to use.
- Work with content creation teams to implement features and pipelines for our game.
- Identify bottlenecks in the content pipeline to streamline the ability for the creative teams to accelerate.
- Drive design and architecture decisions that results in strong balance of performance, flexibility, and maintainability.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Help turn big ideas into cool new features.