IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month. IMDb Professional Services, a division of IMDb including IMDbPro, Withoutabox, and Box Office Mojo, is transforming the business of entertainment. Our widely used products help entertainment industry professionals easily find the information they need to excel at their jobs, manage their professional presence online, discover talented independent filmmakers, and distribute and promote their films to a worldwide audience.
You will be the leader of a design team that will define how entertainment customers will work in the 21st century. As the Head of UX Design and Research, you will report directly to the GM, IMDb Professional Services in our Santa Monica office. This role will be a key leader on our team and a peer to the heads of product management and technology. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach to design, and awareness of current and best practices for mobile and online UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to drive design solutions with minimal direction.
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team. It's a fun and fast paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. Do you like movies & TV and celebs? Wish you could be a part of changing how Hollywood works, firsthand? Pride yourself on your indie movie knowledge? Wish you were an entertainment insider? Now is your chance!
- Lead the UX Design and Research team to evolve the UX for IMDb Professional Services
- Own the end-to-end design process of the team, ensuring on time, detailed, and polished deliverables
- Provide customer focused leadership by working closely with the business and technical teams to develop product strategy, use cases, and high-level requirements that ensure alignment across our professional brands
- Develop and build relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency across IMDb/Amazon
- Ensure our web and mobile UX support measurable business requirements and goals
- Use market analyses and customer research findings to drive design decisions
- Collaborate effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to evaluate the feasibility of proposed designs and champion great UX in the face of technical constraints
- Work with researcher and product management to appropriately assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features
- Incorporate data-driven insights to guide UX strategy
- Provide full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications
- Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop designers and researchers within and beyond your team