Have you ever dreamed of working in an organization that puts the user’s needs first? Would you like the chance to innovate and create on a daily basis? The Amazon Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) team is looking for a Senior UX Writer with exceptional skill for crafting and honing simple, straightforward, and human copy that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
As a Senior UX writer on the SSPA team, you will help craft experiences that allow advertisers of all sizes to effectively promote their books, brands and products on Amazon. In this role, you will partner with business owners, product management, UX designers and researchers, operational experts, and our technical teams to define engaging and satisfying user experiences that help brand owners understand and manage complexities related to creating engaging experiences on Amazon.com. You will define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate all of our copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent—whether you’re creating user interface text, editorial help-content, email, notifications, or insights.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our retail and marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, and we’re breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. Because successful advertising starts with a great customer experience, our team works backwards from the shopper to meet the needs of our advertising customers. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. About You
You're a savvy communicator with an unerring ear for voice and tone—and the ability to ruthlessly eliminate the unnecessary. You obsessively seek to understand the nuances of how our customers think and you fiercely advocate for the best possible solutions for them. You strive to ensure that customers have the right information—presented in perfect harmony with the visual and interactive design elements of the UX. You quickly gain expertise in the products and services for which you provide content. You proactively gather data to inform your decisions, and demonstrate sound judgement when faced with ambiguity. You identify opportunities and risks, escalating effectively, and ensuring resolution. Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with UX designers and researchers to craft and hone seller-facing language across a variety of contexts from UI components to conversational building blocks to full editorial/help content.
- Translate a long-term vision into user-centered tenets, success metrics, initiatives, user stories and content.
- Raise the bar for interface/product communication. Drive new processes and mechanisms to establish a unified approach, and drive alignment on voice and tone.
- Act as a content manager, owning a robust content calendar in partnership with design, development and product management, and marketing while ensuring overall strategy matches product goals and customer needs.
- Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.