Payroll Technology at Amazon is all about enabling our business to perform at scale as efficiently as possible with no defects. As Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, Amazon's payroll operations become increasingly complex, and our customers are asked to do more with less. Process can only get them so far, and that's where we come in with technology solutions to integrate and automate systems, detect defects before payment, and provide insights.
This Technical Program Manager role will manage multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. The candidate will be responsible for managing software programs/projects primarily involving payroll integrations and automation.
This position requires the candidate to assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources as needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. The ideal candidate is technically strong and a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Cross-functional technical expertise is required for this position. The candidate must independently lead projects and deliver expert level solutions based on thorough analysis of business requirements, and work collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements. The candidate should be capable of assessing the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Understand the processes to define, design, and deliver payroll and related software solutions based on a variety of technologies.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product requirements.
- Collaborate with technical and design teams to define and design the product with the best customer experience.
- Drive the implementation and delivery of products. Collaborate with engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to an aggressive roadmap. Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
- Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.
- Enforce SDLC process so that timely and quality delivery is achieved.