The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking an innovation and results-oriented Senior Software Development Engineer in our Rekognition team. Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/
) is a brand new AWS service that launched in Nov. 2016 and provides deep learning-based image recognition. It is a service that makes it easy to add image analysis to applications. With Rekognition, customers can detect objects, scenes, and faces in images. They can also search and compare faces. Rekognition’s API enables to quickly add sophisticated deep learning-based visual search and image classification to applications.
Behind the facade of this AI capability is the work of an extremely smart and motivated team owning the full service stack and solving challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers discover content they care about. Equally critical and challenging is the science behind Rekognition that uses deep neural network models to detect and label thousands of objects and scenes in images. We are constantly adding new capabilities to the service, meaning what is launched is just the tip of the iceberg. The goal is to be the bleeding edge of a highly scalable technology that can analyze billions of images daily and provide rich analytics.
We are seeking a senior software engineer that is a technology leader and demonstrates exemplary practice in design and implementation of new scalable services. He/she will lead technology areas that drive solutions for a super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant service. The individual should also be a thought leader in influencing our overall strategy by helping define the product features, driving system architecture, and spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving some of the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale on an ongoing basis and have a demonstrable track record for delivering successful products. Prior experience with computer vision or video processing systems will be a significant plus.
This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of service engineering, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. The Software Engineer will -
- Develop and deploy cloud software framework for computer vision processing
- Design and develop innovative REST APIs and SDKs to deliver computer vision and machine learning capabilities
- Integrate computer vision capabilities with other cloud services
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of Java and C++ software
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibility between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Create new feature and performance improvements
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
This position within the Rekognition team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.