We are seeking a passionate and pragmatic UX Researcher to help us build the next generation of experiences and tools for consumers and advertisers alike. Together, we will have significant impact on the Amazon advertising business by executing creative and influential primary research for rapidly growing advertising products and services, such as Sponsored Products, Amazon Marketing Services, and the Amazon Ad Platform. Prior experience with advertising technologies is not a prerequisite, while obsessing over the customer experience certainly is one.
You will be responsible for driving a research strategy and implementing it, while inventing new research techniques and technologies along the way. In addition to collaborating with your research peers, you will interact daily with product managers, designers, and engineers to understand and guide the team’s research needs (known and unknown). This will including crafting and conducting UX research, as well as diving deep into the data to bring forward new insights that drive product innovation. Experience applying a variety of UX research methods in a dynamic and rapidly changing product development environment is highly desirable. You should be comfortable diving deep into complex subject matter to help define the direction of new products and will be asked to regularly step back to ask big questions that impact the overall customer experience. This role requires the ability to collaborate with and influence others including designers, engineers, business owners and executives. Most importantly, it requires a committed determination to do what is right for Amazon's customers.
- Identify and prioritize research questions based on the analysis of existing product designs, business needs, project goals and risks.
- Employ the best research method(s) based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results.
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management.
- Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap.
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research.