Join the team that launched the first-ever Amazon physical retail store, Amazon Books, and is at the forefront of reinventing the physical retail landscape. We provide a unique extension for Amazon.com given our ability to connect to people’s emotions and senses through a physical experience, our associates ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and a space designed for discovery and exploration. We are looking for a hands-on digital marketer who has a proven ability to motivate teams and cross functional stakeholders with their vision and dedication to taking business goals and turning them into compelling digital plans that accelerate customer traffic, through a proactive, data-driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
In this role you’ll be responsible for top-level business goals and will own management, measurement, and execution of digital marketing for the Amazon Books physical retail business. You will work at the strategic level to champion new, innovative ideas, and at the tactical level to execute digital plans, and iterate based on performance metrics. You will employ a heavy bias towards automation, always looking for opportunities to drive the optimal customer experience and internal efficiencies in a scalable way.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading and delivering in a high performance digital marketing automation team, influencing the vision for the channel, and setting best practices across an enterprise organization.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Applies email and digital marketing best practices to determine new opportunities that will improve the customer experience.
- Assists in development of campaign strategies and plans.
- Drives and makes recommendations regarding how to most effectively engage customers within digital channels (e.g. cadence, frequency, messaging, etc.).
- Drives the targeting and customer segmentation for digital campaigns.
Digital Marketing Operations
- Leads the day-to-day management of digital marketing operations including project management, build, QA, deployment, and reporting.
- Builds strong relationships across the Amazon.com national email team, Amazon.com retail teams and shopping center marketing teams to ensure achievement of business objectives as well as look for opportunities to improve processes and operational efficiency.
- Contributes and influences the innovation roadmap for digital channel technologies, functionality, and platforms that deliver against the overall business objectives and strategies.
- Leverages automation to improve processes and productivity, and makes recommendations to support an organization growing at a rapid pace.
- Establishes and maintains scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
Execution and Management
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to execute email marketing from concept to development.
- Manages the maintenance of a library of assets and campaigns including asset hierarchy, asset management, etc.
- Partners across teams to deliver work on-time and on-budget.
- Has backbone, challenges the status quo, and pushes for the best customer experience.