Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business (AWS) has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. Amazon leaders have said publicly that AWS can be as big as our retail business and combined with a fast pace release cycle we need the kind of individuals that can manage product portfolios to facilitate our success. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and on a mission to be the World Class Standard for Customer Experience.
The ideal candidate will clearly be passionate about the large opportunity that the cloud (AWS) space presents, with a track record of success in delivering products and services for the IT industry. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
Our AWS Tech Leader team is responsible for developing software and programs to enable our worldwide technical field teams (such as Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, and Technical Account Managers) to scale on behalf of our customers, as we continue to grow these teams at a rapid pace. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative thought leader with a strong background in product innovation to define, develop and deliver the product strategy for our team. In this position, you will play a pivotal role in defining product requirements, product delivery, go-to-market strategy, increasing product adoption and revenue for a new product. This role requires ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a very ambiguous, fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Creating the product strategy for our portfolio of internal applications supporting our growing technical field teams around the world
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Partnering with software development and design teams to deliver on product roadmap.
- Launching the vision, product strategy and roadmap for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner teams, international site leaders, etc.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that AWS technical field teams have what they need to be successful.
- Developing campaigns to create awareness and increase service adoption for the target market segments.
- Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
- Researching and identifying new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers.