AWS is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead the development of next-generation inventory and topology software for our data centers. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the best practices for service oriented architectures, and will help us match an assortment of tools and data to the detailed workflows they support. As the manager, you will have technical ownership of many of our core components and you will have responsibility for development of new services and tools. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to drive efficient workflows, define data sources, and create a data exchange.
Responsibilities include hiring, development, and direct management of multiple engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Required professional traits for this position include:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
Work hard, have fun, make history!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.